Users are prohibited from:
- leasing, selling, copying, sublicensing, transferring, or assigning any information, intellectual property, goods, or services provided on this site
- gaining unauthorized access to the Rhode Island Natural History Survey’s data or the data of other users
- altering, modifying, adapting, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling, or hacking the Rhode Island Natural History Survey’s intellectual property
- altering or modifying another website to falsely imply that it is associated with the Rhode Island Natural History Survey’s website,
- using or exporting the company’s information, products, or services in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations
- violating anyone else’s legal rights or any laws in the user’s jurisdiction
- using the website or the Rhode Island Natural History Survey’s services to transmit content that could be deemed unlawful, threatening, harassing, racist, abusive, libelous, pornographic, vulgar, defamatory, obscene, indecent, or otherwise inappropriate, including any messages constituting or encouraging criminal conduct
- breaching, or attempting to breach, the website’s security systems
- using the site for any illegal purpose.
This website, its organization, functioning, and contents are the property of the Rhode Island Natural History Survey unless explicitly stated otherwise. Website content identified as the work of an individual author(s) (such as some Blog posts, bulletin articles, or resource library items) represent(s) the opinion of that author(s) and not necessarily that of the Natural History Survey.
Information is presented on this website in a good faith effort to educate and entertain Users in furtherance of the Natural History Survey’s stated mission. The Natural History Survey has no reasonable way to anticipate or control the uses to which information, tools, or products included in or accessed through this website are put by Users. The Natural History Survey makes no statements, promises, guarantees, or warranties about information, tools, or products included in or accessed through this website, or the suitability of those things for any particular purpose.
The User grants the Rhode Island Natural History Survey a nonexclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, sub-licensable, royalty-free license to copy, store, transmit, publish, publicly display, publicly perform, and otherwise use any content the User writes in, uploads to, displays on, or transfers to this website. The User warrants that he/she/it has the authority to grant such license.
The User understands and agrees that websites, this one included, can be affected by scheduled or unscheduled reductions, interruptions, or shutdowns of service and the Rhode Island Natural History Survey makes no claims about the reliability of this website or the User’s access to it.
This agreement may be updated or changed from time to time at the discretion of the Rhode Island Natural History Survey. We notify Users of changes by publishing the date of the last amendment at the top of this page, which you agree to be sufficient notice.
With respect to these Terms of Service, they are, and the User agrees to be, governed by the laws of the United States of America and the State of Rhode Island.
This agreement is the total agreement between the Rhode Island Natural History Survey and the User with respect to this website and the goods and services on or accessible through it. If any provision of these Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction this finding shall not render any other provision unenforceable or invalid.